When using a box or sphere reflection capture with a map that has level setup can result in the reflection capture losing any color values. The reflection will still show but now be block where when using, simulate, play, or anything other than working in the editor. When exiting back to the editor the color will return.
This requires the use of levels to reproduce. A sample project setup with both a single level and multiple levels has been provided. The project starts in the broken level. Working level is titled "ReflectionsWorking"
The video attached is demonstrating switching between editor view and simulate.
1. Open UE4
2. Open the Levels Panel and create a sub level
3. Use the default level for the persistent level
4. Place some objects along with a reflection sphere or box in the sub level
5. Build Lighting
6. Update the capture
7. use any method from simulate to standalone game
8. reflection color should be gone now
Results: the reflections will still be present but the color will be removed fromt he reflections.
Expected: The reflections results in the editor will be the same as using SImulate to standalone game modes.
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over to Questions & Answers just mention UE-11437 in the post.