While using a pawn sensing component in an actor, the actor will not respond to sound data that is within the radius of its hearing threshhold/LOS hearing threshold.
This was attempted with both basic actor blueprints and full behavior tree AI, neither produced results on hearing, both worked with sight.
1. Open Editor (any project)
2. In Content Browser go to New>Blueprint>Actor
3. In Components tab of blueprint, add a pawn sensing component.
4. Create the event graph located in the image attached to this report.
5. Compile, save, close the blueprint
6. Open character blueprint, add "play sound at location" to any movement component of the player character and add a sound to the node.
7. Compile, save, close blueprint.
8. PIE and move within the hearing radius of actor.
Head over to the existing AnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.