With a Tessellated Material, either Flat or PN Triangles, applied to a Skeletal Mesh when playing, the Mesh has excessive blur when in motion.
If you use the same material and turn off tessellation within the materials properties, the blur is either gone, or severely minimized.
I did inform the user to get rid of this, turn off the "Motion Blur" within the Post process volume.
1. Create a new project using the ThirdPerson_BP Template with starter content enabled.
2. Create a new material using the T_Tech_Hex_Tile_M as a base color for contrast from the background. This also provides a good example to show the blur effect.
3. Set the material properties of the material to "Flat Tessellation"
4. Now create a copy of that material and disable the tessellation as the control.
5. In the MyCharacter Blueprint, go into the Defaults tab and change the Jump Velocity to 1000.
6. Apply the Tessellated material to the Hero_TTP Mesh and play in the editor.
7. Press jump and observe the motion blur.
8. Apply the Non-tessellated material and play in editor to see the reduced blur effect.
Head over to the existing AnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.