DESCRIPTION: When using a DM in blueprints and setting the linear dampening in the event graph the DM will honor the linear dampening but the chunks as they break off will not.
Setting the mesh to have linear dampening via the details panel in the components tab works as intended.
ATTACHED: Blueprint event graph setup
1. Open UE4
2. Create a DM and fracture it
3. Set the impact damage to 1 and the default impact damage depth to 0
4. Create a BP with this as the root component
5. Set up the event graph like the attached image
6. Place the DM in the level above the ground
7. Place another mesh for it to fall and impact mid fall to trigger fracture
9. Press R to simulate
10. At any point before impact press T to enable linear dampening
Expected: The chunk will still use linear dampening when falling if the the Dm was set.
RESULTS: When using the this setup, when the mesh is simulated and impacts if the linear dampening has been enabled it will slow the entire mesh down. On impact the fractured separated chunks fall at normal speed.
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.