Occurs 5/5 times
*Regression *does not occur: No Retargeting Pose From Mesh node in //UE4/Release-4.27.2.
Retarget Pose From Mesh node does not retarget when used with Source Mesh Component and Skeletal Mesh variable types.
1. Created a blank TPS project.
2. Created an AnimBP with the UE5 Mannequin (user selected Quinn).
3. In the AnimBP set a 'Retarget Pose From Mesh' node to 'RTG_UE4Manny_UE5Manny'
4. Promote the 'Source Mesh Component' input to a Variable.
5. Create a BP containing two Skeletal Mesh Components - UE4Manny and UE5Manny.
6. Set the UE4Manny component to the UE4 mannequin.
7. Set the UE4Manny component's animation mode to 'Animation Asset' and 'Anim to Play' to 'Jog_Fwd.'
8. Set the UE5Manny component to the UE5 Mannequin and the animation mode to the Anim BP created in step 2.
9. In the BP's 'Event Begin Play' node get the Anim Instance for the UE5Manny component and cast it to the Anim BP.
10. Set its variable to the UE4Manny Source Mesh Component variable.
11. Place the BP in the level.
Expected: UE5 Manny would animate with retargeted animation.
Actual: UE4 Manny appears with UE5 Manny underneath.
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over to Questions & Answers just mention UE-151699 in the post.